Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Are You Going to Patrick's Funeral?

I have a funeral to go to tonight. Yes, I know Dr Patrick Reid doesn't actually exist but I am  getting that real sense of dread that I get when I have a funeral to attend. In some ways I wish that Offspring finished completely last week and that we didn't have to go through the funeral. I know there are lots of loose ends to tie up with the season, but all I can think of is how hard that funeral is going to be to watch.




It isn't just that I have become too hooked on Offspring. It is also about what having to watch a funeral brings up. It makes me remember those I have lost, and it also makes me imagine what it would feel like to lose someone so close to me. Because of these reasons, I think I am going to struggle through Offspring tonight...I am even tempted not to watch (but of course I will).

As I was writing this, I clicked onto Facebook and found this article about a women  whose husband died suddenly. I wasn't even going to write about this but I really do have a fear that I will lose my hubby. Mainly because I have a way too active imagination (kind of like Nina) and he doesn't have a great family history. I don't think about it all the time but I do wonder how I would cope.

When I was pregnant I often had those crazy dreams that my hubby died (or left me, or wouldn't marry me). I feared having to give birth without him by my side. I now fear having to raise the girls alone, or not having that one person that gets me, accepts me and loves me. They are not massive fears, just something I think about from time to time. I know from seeing so many brave women continue on after a loss that I would be fine, broken, but fine. I hope and pray that it isn't something I have to experience.

Tonight, I know that I'm going to sob like a baby, because death is really sad. Even though it is just a TV show these things can and do happen every day. 

However, once it is over (and even during it) I am going to hold onto my hubby as tight as I can, and enjoy the time I have with him.

Will you be watching tonight?

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...